A family favourite, 7-layer salad tastes delicious and is a perfect way to use up those little bits of leftover salad fixings in the fridge. Switch up the ingredients depending on what you have and like.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thick slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Clean and chop lettuce in bite size pieces. Place in serving dish. Sprinkle with pepper and onion. In a bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, pepper, sugar and lemon juice.
Pour dressing on lettuce and spread evenly.
Top with peas, cheese and bacon. Cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving. Will keep up to two days in the fridge