Ancho Cream Sauce
This ancho cream sauce is spicy yet creamy and ideal over arroz con pollo, tacos, enchiladas, and plenty of other dishes.
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons dry instant beef broth (regular or vegetarian, see note)
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Cooking time 15mins
Bring the first nine sauce ingredients to a boil, then turn down heat. Add whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour over chicken and sautéed vegetables and blend together. Serve with your favourite rice.
For the chicken and vegetables:
2 tablespoons olive oil and butter
1 pound sliced baby portabellas
1 onion, slivered
2 cups poached or purchased rotisserie chicken