Butterscotch Peach Snack Cake
Every bite of Butterscotch Peach Snack Cake is sweet and delicious.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12-ounce package butterscotch chips, divided
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, finely diced
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream, half-and-half or evaporated milk
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from cantstayoutofthekitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sour cream.
Mix with an electrical mixer until creamy.
Add flour, 1 cup butterscotch chips, peaches and pecans and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool fully before drizzling with icing.
To make icing: Combine remaining 1 cup butterscotch chips with cream in a small saucepan over low heat.
Stir continually until the morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
Drizzle glaze over cake.