Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
A warm and comforting broccoli rice casserole that can be a side dish or a main–just add leftover meat for a complete meal! This is a fantastic casserole for cold winter nights! It’s full of cheese and delicious broccoli.
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli florets, defrosted & drained
- 1 (10-3/4 ounces) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Velveeta, cubed, optional
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken, optional
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 1.5 quart oven-proof baking dish.
Cut broccoli florets into pieces all about the same size.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine soup, evaporated milk, butter and Velveeta. Microwave on highfor about 1 minute; remove and stir. If mixture still has large chunks of the Velveeta, then microwave a further 30 seconds on HI. Remove and stir until nearly smooth.
Add cooked rice, broccoli, shredded cheddar, salt, pepper and chicken if using, to bowl with the soup/cheese mixture. Mix well.
Turn into prepared baking dish.
Mix Ritz crumbs with melted butter, so all crumbs are coated. Top casserole with buttered crumbs.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until crumbs are browned and sauce bubbles on the edges of the baking dish.