Cherry Bonbon Cookies
Cookies with a surprise cherry inside are perfectly named Cherry Bonbon Cookies! the glaze on top adds extra sweetness and makes them pretty, too.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 maraschino cherries, dried off
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla.
Combine flour and salt; add to cream mixture.
Divide dough into 24 portions; shape each around a dried cherry forming a ball.
Placed on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on wire rack.
For glaze: combine sugar, butter and cherry juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.