This coffee fudge recipe is great for newbies who have never made fudge before. It takes you through step by step, and the result could not be more delicious.
- 2 rounded tablespoons good instant coffee
- 700 grams granulated sugar
- 2 (170 gram) cans evaporated milk, aboput 300 milliliters
- 100 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons glucose syrup (we used Dr. Oetker Liquid Glucose)
- 19 centimeters square tin, lined with Bakewell paper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from goodtoknow.co.uk
Dissolve the coffee in 5 tablespoons boiling water and put in a deep, heavy pan with the sugar, milk, butter and glucose. Stir the mixture over a low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved; brush any sugar crystals down from the side of the pan with a brush dipped in boiled water. Bring to the boil and boil for about 10 minutes until the mixture reaches 115°C on a sugar thermometer (or until a teaspoon of the mixture dropped into cold water forms a soft ball).
Take the pan off the heat, and beat the fudge with a wooden spoon until thick and its cooled to 100°C (about 2-3 minutes). Pour into the tin and spread evenly. Leave to set, and then cut into squares.