Creamy Hash Brown Bake
This creamy hash brown bake is actually good for any meal! I like to add breakfast sausage or bacon (or both!) to make it even more delicious!
- 1 (2-pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl mix together hash brown potatoes, onion, soup, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and green pepper.
Spread potato mixture in greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
Mix together bread crumbs and melted butter and spread over potato mixture.
Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown