Easy 7-UP Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3 c granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7 Up
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch tube pan. Set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and the lemon and vanilla extracts. Beat well.
Gently fold in the 7 Up, 1/4 cup at a time. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
5. Transfer the cake from the oven to a wire rack. Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Unmold the cake onto a wire rack to cool fully. Transfer to a serving platter.