Easy Cherry Cobbler
To make a no-stress cherry pie, this recipe has everything you need. Cherry pie filling, biscuit mix, sugar, milk, and margarine are all you need.
- 1 (20 ounce) can reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine pie filling and extract; spread into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400F° for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar. In another bowl, combine the milk and margarine. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
Drop dough by spoonfuls over warmed pie filling. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.