Hoisin-Glazed Tofu & Green Beans
This Hoisin glazed tofu and green beans recipe is healthy, light and straightforward to make! Can’t forget to mention how delicious it’s!
- 16 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and halved lengthwise and/or fresh snow Pea pods, trimmed
- Hot cooked rice or rice noodles
- Lime wedges
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Cut tofu lengthwise into four 1-inch thick slices. Lay tofu slices on a double layer of paper towels. Top with another double layer of paper towels. Weigh down with a plate topped with cans to remove excess water from tofu. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Meanwhile, stir together the water, hoisin, soy sauce, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, if using.
In an extra-large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu. Cook, without stirring until tofu begins to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, stirring every now and then until tofu is golden brown on all sides.
Transfer tofu to a plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add beans; cook 4 minutes or until barely tender. Return tofu to skillet. Add hoisin mixture; bring to boiling, stirring to coat. Serve with rice and lime wedges.