K’s Sausage & Oyster Dressing
FABULOUS! Everything you need is right here to make our families favourite stuffing, K’s Sausage & Oyster Dressing. Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1/4 pound package Neese’s sausage with sage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup green and or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups crumbled day-old cornbread
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm cubed Herb Seasoned stuffing
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (check for desired consistency)
- 1/2 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can shucked raw oysters, drained and rinsed
Preheat oven to 360. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add sausage, cook until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage, reserving rendered fat in pan.
Add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic to pan. Cook until tender, stirring often about 5-6 min. Add seasonings and cook another 2 minutes.
In large bowl combine cornbread, stuffing, sausage, onion mixture, eggs, broth, soup and oysters, gently folding until well combined. Pour into prepared dish.
Bake, uncovered, until top is golden brown and dressing is firm to the touch, about 45 minutes.