K’s Slow Cooker Collard Greens
Chopped onions and bacon are slowly cooked with collard greens for an amazing side dish!
- 1 (16-ounce) bag fresh Collards
- 4 slices low-sodium bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Ham Base
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons juice from pickled Jalapeno slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 380mins
Brown bacon until nearly done; add onions and saute. Add broth, ham base, vinegar, jalapeno juice an salt and pepper. Stir, scraping bottom of pan well, and bring to a simmer.
Add collard greens and push down into liquid. Stir well and remove entire mixture to slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 6 hours. DELICIOUS!