Makeover Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds, optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9×5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one after the other, beating well after each addition. Beat in oil, lemon juice, peel, vanilla and, if desired, poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined.
3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool fully. If desired, top with candied lemon slices. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Taste of Home April/May 2016