Mandarin Orange Cake
Filled with the citrus flavors of Mandarin Oranges, crushed pineapples, creamy vanilla pudding, and whipped cream, this Mandarin Orange Cake is the most delicious way to cool down during those sultry summer months. This recipe is ideal for any potluck and it makes an amazing birthday cake or celebratory cake for any occasion. Serve with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream for that creamsicle taste everybody loves.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) yellow or butter recipe cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (13-ounce) cool whip or whipped cream
- butter and flour to prepare 2 (9-inch) round cake pans
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from mommyskitchen.net
Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove 6 to 8 orange segments and set aside for garnish.
In a large bowl combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, and mandarin oranges with its liquid to a large mixing bowl. Using a electrical mixer blend together the cake ingredients. Pour into 2 (9-inch) greased and floured round cake pans. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and the cake springs back. Remove from oven and let cool in pans 10 minutes.
Remove from pans and funky entirely on a baking rack.
Prepare the frosting by adding the dry pudding mix and undrained pineapple together in a large bowl and blend with a spoon.
Fold in cool whip until well blended. Frost both layers and sides of cake when cakes are entirely cooled. Garnish with remaining mandarin orange segments. Keep refrigerated before serving.