Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes, Peas and Blueberry Applesauce
Classic meatloaf recipe is served with homemade mashed potatoes, peas and a side of blueberry applesauce.
- 2 pounds grass feed 90/10 ground beef
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 1/2 cup organic bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup organic ketchup
- 2 tablespoons organic minced onions
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (8-ounce) can organic tomato sauce
- 4 organic russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup salted organic butter
- 1/4 cup plain organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1 bag frozen organic baby peas
- 3 cups applesauce
- 1 pint organic blueberries, rinsed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, minced onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red wine. Mix with hands until combined. Spread meat mixture in a 9”x9” ceramic pan. Then spread tomato sauce over meat. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
Cook for 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for an extra 15 minutes.
With 40 minutes remaining, wash and quarter potatoes. Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water. Cook until soft. Drain water. Add butter and milk. Mash or whip with electrical mixer.
Place frozen peas in bowl. Cook per directions on package, generally between 8 to 10 minutes.
Rinse blueberries and mix with applesauce.
Serve meatloaf with potatoes, peas, and applesauce.