Moroccan Chickpea & Couscous Salad
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from mediterrasian.com
Mix the couscous with the raisins in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover with a dish towel, plate or plastic wrap to seal in the steam and let sit for 5 minutes.
Place the oil, lemon juice, garlic, spices, and salt in a jar with a screw-top lid and shake to mix.
Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the grains and stir through the red pepper, chickpeas and parsley.
Pour over the dressing and toss together until well combined.