Mushroom Quinoa Stuffing (Vegan and Gluten Free)
All of the beautiful flavors of traditional stuffing in this power packed quinoa based stuffing that is ideal for the vegan and gluen free eaters in your family.
- 1 cup undercooked quinoa, rinsed if not the pre-rinsed type
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 10 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add in quinoa and stir until evenly coated. Cook for about one minute on med-high heat. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
In a small non-stick skillet, heat the other 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over med-high heat. Add in the onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 8 – 10 minutes.
Combine cooked quinoa with vegetables. Season with black pepper and serve.
4 WW pts per serving