Outback Steakhouse Ranch Dressing
Let this copycat ranch dressing sit overnight so the flavors blend well. Dip vegetables or chips in it, or use on top of your salad!
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, Buttermilk Recipe (0.4 ounce package or nearly 1 heaping tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or 1/8 teaspoon for less heat, or use 1/4 teaspoon paprika)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Whisk together all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 to 2 hours, preferably overnight. Use as dressing for salads or a dip for veggies, fries or chips.
*If you are out of buttermilk like I was, add 1/2 tablespoon vinegar into a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Fill the measuring cup the rest of the way full with skim milk and permit to sit for 10 minutes before adding to mixture.