Pina Colada Poke Cake
Take a tropical ride on this easy Pina Colada Poke Cake for dessert, it is scrumptiously delicious!
- 1 box butter cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut , can be found in the drinks/mixers aisle of your local grocery store
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (sweeten to your preference)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Shredded coconut and maraschino cherries, to garnish if desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from kitchenmeetsgirl.com
Prepare and bake cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to package directions. While your cake is baking, mix together the reserved pineapple juice, sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut until smooth.
Immediately after removing your cake from the oven, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour the milk mixture over the top of the warm cake, ensuring to get it down into the holes. The cake will appear very saturated, but that’s okay. Evenly spread the reserved crushed pineapple all over the top. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Beat cream vigorously by hand with a whisk or using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer. When the cream starts to thicken, add in the powdered sugar and coconut extract. Continue beating until soft peaks form. You may additionally use Cool Whip if you wish. Garnish cake with shredded coconut and maraschino cherries.
Keep cake covered in fridge for up to 3 days.