Quinoa, Cucumber, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, beige, red or black
- 1 cup water
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, chopped, unpeeled
- 1 pint cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from wnetwork.com
Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Do not overcook. Chill in the fridge to cool.
In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, spinach and about half of the feta.
Gently toss in the cooled quinoa; don’t over mix or stir.
Whisk vinegar, salt, honey and smoked paprika in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle over the combined salad ingredients; toss gently. Add vinaigrette; avoid overdressing. Top with feta; serve instantly.