Roasted Red Onions & Delicata Squash
This tasty dish lets the natural flavors of fall shine keeping it easy: delicata squash and red onions with honey, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper roast together.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 (12-ounce) delicata squashes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (1-pound) red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place a baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 475°F (leave pan in oven).
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add squash and onion; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Carefully remove preheated pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on pan. Bake at 475°F for 20 minutes or until tender, turning once. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and chopped parsley.