Roasted Vegetable & Shrimp Salad
Healthy, fresh, delicious and simple to make.
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal
- 2 summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal
- 2 sweet red peppers, cored, seeds removed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 cups watercress
- 3 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from recipe.com
Heat oven to 450˚F. Spray two 15 x 11-inch baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
Place zucchini, squash, carrots and red peppers in a large bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Spoon vegetables evenly into prepared baking pans and season with pepper and salt. Roast at 450°F for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes.
While vegetables are roasting, place shrimp in a resealable plastic food-storage bag with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Shake to coat. Marinate in fridge 15 minutes.
Grill or broil shrimp for 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
Evenly distribute watercress amongst 6 large salad plates and top with roasted vegetables. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of remaining dressing. Scatter cooked shrimp and feta over each salad. Serve instantly.