Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Spinach and Strawberries pair superbly together– color-wise and flavor. The vinaigrette is probably the greatest you’ll ever taste.
- Baby spinach
- Strawberries, sliced
- Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Red onion, sliced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Danish Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Assemble salad with the first 7 ingredients.
In a small bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients of the dressing. Slowly add the olive oil, while whisking vigorously to create an emulsion.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.