Stuffing with Ritz Crackers, Apples, Walnuts & Mushrooms
This stuffing recipe comes together quickly using Ritz cracker crumbs rather than bread cubes or cornbread. Flavored with the sweet-tartness from Granny Smith apples, and seasoned perfect, it will become a family favourite.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 stick
- 1 (1-pound) package RITZ crackers, coarsely crushed, about 7 cups crumbs
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and huge diced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped, minced rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook mushrooms, onion, apples and celery in butter in skillet on medium heat until tender.
Mix cracker crumbs, walnuts, parsley, rosemary, poultry seasoning, pepper and vegetable mixture in large bowl. Add broth and eggs, tossing until well blended. Spoon into 2 quart baking dish or pan; cover.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.