Sugar Snap Pea & Mushroom Sauté
Add some side of greens to your main dish with these delicious sugar snap peas.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 10 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 3-cups)
- 3 large scallions, white and light-green parts, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 -cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Crushed red pepper for garnish, optional
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms, snap peas and scallions and cook, stirring continually, until snap peas are bright green and mushrooms have released their liquid, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds.
Add soy sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more, stirring, until snap peas are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired. Serve.