Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are a triple threat filled with semi-sweet, milk and dark chocolates chips. Add the optional walnuts, if you like, for a little crunch.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1-stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, granulated and brown sugars, and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
Beat in egg.
Gradually add flour mixture until well combined.
With a wooden spoon, stir in the chips and nuts. Mix well.
Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
Cool 2 minutes then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool totally.