Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing is more delicious than a warm, chewy chocolate chip cookie… with milk.
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup barley flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 46mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl beat eggs lightly with a fork; stir in sugar, oil, and vanilla. Set aside.
In a large bowl stir together whole wheat flour, rolled oats, barley flour, oat bran, wheat bran, dry milk powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces, walnuts, and, if desired, coconut.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.