Whole Hog Potato Salad
If you like ranch dressing you will love this Whole Hog Potato Salad recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 1/2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Splash of vinegar
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 320mins
Bake potatoes until cooked through, about an hour.
Let cool barely then cut into cubes or slices. Place potatoes in a large bowl and blend in spices and seasonings one after the other.
Add bacon, onion and chives and blend again.
In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayo and vinegar. Add to potato mixture and blend well.
Cover and refrigerate several hours before service—the longer, the better.